Are you an avid doodle lover? looking for Tips for Road Trippin’ with Your Doodle Dog?
You can’t live without taking your four-legged darling on your car rides?
Well, no matter what family road trips are always fun. You can’t leave your doodle at home for sure. After all, they are the cuddling buddies.
We have come up with a solution to this problem.
As a seasoned road tripper, who would not like to leave their pupper behind, here we have shared a few AMAZING tips. These tips will make you love your puppy and travel more.
Have a look, at what we have researched for you.
A relaxed doodle is the best travel mate;
Many of us know very well, relaxation is the best therapy. Being relaxed is as good for your pup as for you.
If your doodle dog gets anxious on road or misbehaves in the car, chances are he’s not comfortable.
Becoming a dog-parent not only gives you pleasure but brings responsibility too.
To calm out your doodle, try using CBD dog treats or ThunderShirt.
This will prevent your darling to choke itself with a dog seat belt.
Oh, we can relate, how challenging this task is?
Well, well with little care, potty routine is less annoying. You simply need to stop for potty breaks after every 3 hours.
Most of the public rest spots have designated pet areas. Most gas stations contain grassy areas around the perimeter.
You should not forget to pick it up after your pet is done. This way you can keep the place clean. It’s so gross to leave the mess behind.
Offer your pet water, every time you stop for a potty break. If you left your doodle panting, it will surely become anxious.
Be a supportive human being;
New places are a challenge for both humans and animals. In the case of doggos, they are less familiar with the new smells or new faces around. The doodle may feel uncomfortable or misfit.
You need to spend quality time just to soothe your pup. It’s too good to cuddle your little paw-partners. A little conversation full of love and care does the wonder too.
Train your dog for travelling
Training is an integral part of owning a pet. If you are addicted to your dog and cant miss the adventure of taking him on travel.
You need to make the little fellow used to travelling. For this, you need to take him to the small rides.
This may be a time-consuming or a most difficult task, but it offers the best results.
Taking your pet for a ride once a day will prepare them for travel more. This will save them from car sickness.
Natural remedies to avoid car sickness in doodles
Car sickness is a common problem faced by dog owners. Feel free to contact your vet to avoid any unforeseen issues. Ask your veterinarian about any natural remedies.
Certain remedies are helpful to avoid any harm according to your dog’s severity of the behaviour.
A topical spray with lavender is very good to calm the furry fellow. Lavender is well known for aromatherapy and helps people relax.
Some topical sprays are great to help in car sickness.
You can also opt for some wearable dog supplies. These wraps give the same feeling to your pet as your baby feels in swaddling.
Natural remedies do not always work, so use them in conjunction with the pet-training.
- FEEL GREAT - FASTER: Research shows magnesium can ease stress, anxiety, muscle/joint pain, and headaches, and...
- DOCTOR RECOMMENDED: The active ingredients in Asutra Pure Zechstein Magnesium Oil Spray have been recommended...
- ULTRA PURE AND EFFECTIVE: Our Magnesium Oil Spray is derived directly from the world's purest natural...
- RAPID ABSORPTION: Asutra Magnesium Oil Spray absorbs quickly. Our spray is more effective than taking pills...
- INCLUDES FREE MUST-READ E-BOOK: As an added bonus, we've included a 30 plus page e-book with important...
Invest on puppy seat belt
Seat belts are the first safety measure, you need while travelling in a car. If seat belts are good for you, why can’t they be the safest option for your pup?
A seat belt can keep your dog staying in a place other than to bump its head on left or right in the car.
Moreover, a seat belt that is very budget-friendly can save the tiny–paw–mate well.
The best benefit of a seat belt is they keep your pup from wandering here and there in the car. This means you are saved from being distracted.
- Made of high quality nylon fabric to ensure safety, features the solid zinc alloy swivel snap and metal...
- Note: the tab on the seatbelt clip is 2cm, please check your buckle's size and compatibility before purchase
- Keep your pet safely restrained and secure in vehicle while driving, and allows your dog to sit, stand or lie...
- Hassle-free seatbelt clip designed to latch into your car with ease
- Updated the appearance of with Vastar logo, better in preventing counterfeit; clip for most pet harness you...
Hydration & Food
Can you even think of a ride without enough hydration and food?
Not at all, as we all cant fathom a long ride without water or food nor our pet can.
Well, our dog can become dehydrated quickly. This is very common in summers. An extra bottle of water is a must-have.
Remember you need to offer more water breaks than the potty brakes.
The same goes for the food. Food is great to keep your darling engaged and retain energy levels.
- ✅ No Water Waste: Unused water can go back into the container easily by pressing the water key.
- ✅ Leak Proof: Silica gel seal ring plus lock key design, make sure the pet water bottle doesn't leak at all....
- ✅ Durable & Safe: The portable dog water bottle made of high quality food grade material, make sure your pet...
- ✅ Portable Doggie Water Bottle: Reasonable capacity, enough for outdoor walking, hiking and traveling....
- ✅ Easy to use: One hand operation, press water key to fill water, release to stop water, very easy to feed...
Leashes & Rest Stops
Your pet needs food-water brakes and potty breaks, be sure to provide rest stops too.
Although you might the most of the road trip, your pup cant. It needs to rest in open areas, stretching the body or smell the natural beauty around.
Make sure you leash your Lil fellow. Even well-behaved doggos are very much prone to spook out due to strange voices in new places.
A good and comfortable leash is something, you can’t miss from your travelling bag.
- COMFORT PADDED HANDLES: Easy to grip padded handle is comfortable on your hand.Just enjoy the feeling walks...
- REFLECTIVE AND NYLON MATERIAL: Nylon fabric with high density webbing to add durability. Luminous reflective...
- 360° ROTATING CLASP: Swivel clasp prevents the leash from twisting and dog getting tangled, allowing your dog...
- IDEAL LENGTH AND WIDTH:6ft long leash allows your puppy to have enough space to walk. The 3/4"(2.0cm)width...
- PERFECT COMBINATION: This dogs leash is a single product. We make nylon collar in various colors to match our...
Pack a pet-supply kit
A pet-specific kit is all you need. If you plan to take your doodle on a road trip, don’t forget anything that they may need.
Generally, you need these things in your kit. They include food, medications, bowls, water, kitty litter, litter box, dog-toys waste bags.
All absorb potty pads are an amazing product to deal with poop problems. They can soak the waste of your canine- buddy.
- CONVENIENT & FOR THE BEST PRICE: 24 in 1 puppy daily essential kit. Contains a pet blanket, a dog leash and...
- GROOMING - Grooming tools include grooming glove and dog nail clippers.The nail clipper is made up of sharp...
- WALKING & TRAVEL - High Quality Reflective Dog Leash 5 feet long with a soft padded handle for an easy grip -...
- EAT & SLEEP - Set of 2 dog food bowls, 2 dog travel bowls, Perfect for Your Pets up to 70lbs. Dog blanket:...
- ENTERTAINMENT - Three different puppy toys(rope toy, squeak toy and ball toy),will take away boredom from your...
Prepare for Emergencies
Before you plan a trip, be vigilant of the up-to-date microchip or your doodle. In case you or your doodle get separated, you can reunite soon.
You should also consider a pet GPS tracker. These are helpful if the pet gets startled or runs off.
An app called paw-print is very helpful. You can receive the record of your pet including the medical records to vaccination schedules.
This is the best way to cope with any emergency. If you run into any emergency, feel free to ask for help.
Boost up the Energy level of your pet
Give your dog the liberty to break a sweat before you take them on a car ride. Taking your pup on a long walk or enjoying a fetching game can increase energy levels.
Although we can come up with multiple reasons why physical activities are great for your pets, one of them is to adjust them well.
A well-adjusted pet is less stressed. Less active dogs can be dreadful travel mates. They are not only more fearful but less responsive.
You would love to own an active travel partner.
To Sum Up
Packing up a nice travel bag for your dog, using a canine car harness or adopting calming remedies are great options to travel with the tiny buddy.
All the tips are helpful as long as you use them religiously. Still, we can’t deny the importance of proper training and travel lessons.
A well-trained pup is not only a treat for the eyes but a sign of pride for a dog parent.
So, don’t ever miss a chance to take your furry mate on a car ride date.