We're an affiliate! we hope you enjoy the products we recommend! just so you know we may collect a small commission when you make a purchase from any of the links on this page at no additional cost to you! Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it!
In winter, the weather can be unpredictable and if you’re not prepared your dog could end up getting wet and cold. What’s worse is sometimes their belly can get wet which can lead to discomfort especially if it’s winter time.
Luckily, there are waterproof dog coats that can protect their underbelly so they don’t get cold or feel uncomfortable when out walking.
Waterproof dog coats with underbelly protection are designed to work seamlessly in all kinds of situations and will help keep your pooch warm and dry on those harsh cold winter days.
The problem with your average dog coat is it does not provide ample protection in some areas and can attract water when raining, which can end up having the opposite effect.
This is why having a dog coat with underbelly protection is your best choice and not only will these coats keep your dog warm in the winter “but” will also keep them clean.
8 Waterproof Dog Coats With Underbelly Protection
1. Ancol Muddy Paws Coat With Underbelly Protection
- Inspired by professional outdoor pursuits
- Velcro fastening
- Elasticated leg straps
- Reflective edge tape
- Great performance coat
Ancol is a well-known brand, that deals in collars, leads, and now in dog coats. Ancol has made the dog coat with the outdoor in mind, so if you enjoy taking your dog hiking or camping, then this is a great choice for your dog.
Suitable for all weather styles, this dog coat also comes with reflective edging tape, which makes it great for night-time walks where the visibility is low.
Another advantage of this coat is that it comes with loop tape fasteners and elasticated leg straps for easy fitting and of course has chest and underbelly protection to keep your dog warm and dry.
|Product Name||Ancol Muddy Paws Coat|
|Item Weight||100 g|
|Special Features||Hook and loop tape fastening|
|Product Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 cm|
2. Weatherbeeta Reflective Waterproof Dog Coat
- Waterproof and breathable outer with repel shell
- Shaped for practical fit. Elastic leg straps for comfort
- Includes harness hole
- Reflective piping for added visibility
This coat is also among some of the best dog coats available on the market, which is lightweight, comfortable, and comes with chest and underbelly protection.
Features include a harness hole for easy handling and reflective strips making your dog visible when walking with your dog at night.
This coat is also waterproof, breathable, and has Elastic Leg Straps so it’s comfortable for your dog and is machine washable.
|Product Name||Weatherbeeta Reflective Dog Coat|
|Special Features||Reflective Piping|
|Product Dimensions||32.6 x 27.6 x 5 cm|
3. Gooby Padded Waterproof Dog Coat
- Thick Padded Dog Clothes For Small Dogs - Providing insulation, water resistance, and wind protection for...
- Water Resistant and Lightweight - Our dog jackets for small dogs keeps your dog warm, it keeps your dog dry,...
- Pain-Free Zipper Guard - Avoids your pet's hair from getting caught in the zipper. A painful experience that...
- Bottom Opening Design - Unlike most dog coats and sweater vest, this one is actually cut so your dog doesn’t...
- Fleece Lining and Dual D-Ring Leash Attachment - Love walking again!When your small dog wears this zip on dog...
This waterproof dog coat is another great choice that features a protective guard on the dog jacket that prevents your dog’s fur and skin from getting trapped in the zip.
The elastic chest section not only provides comfort around the belly “but” also ensures that no water can get in through the jacket keeping your dog warm and dry.
This jacket also has a 2 d ring design, allowing you to securely attach a leash, with no obstruct and a lead attachment hole at the collar perfect when out walking with your dog, and is machine washable making it easy to clean.
|Product Name||Gooby Padded Waterproof Dog Coat|
|Item Weight||6.38 Ounces|
|Size||Available in 7 sizes|
|Color||Available in 12 colors|
|Special Features||Collar lead attachment|
|Product Dimensions||10 x 14 x 1.5 inches|
4. Waterproof Dog Coat With Underbelly Protection
- 【SIZE CHART】In order to get the right clothes for your dog, please select the size according to the size...
- 【MATERIAL】Outer:100% Nylon,lining:100%Polyester.The waterproof outer layer is matched with a warm inner...
- 【RANGES AND OCCASIONS】Suitable for indoor and outdoor activities of most small , medium and large dogs .
- 【DESIGN】Three Velcros make it easier for you to dress your pet. The hole in the collar makes it easy to...
- 【EXQUISITE GIFT】This makes a fine birthday present, Halloween gift, Christmas gift, holiday gift, or...
The waterproof dog coat is a 100% waterproof coat which has been designed with the dog’s comfort in mind. The Collar Harness Slot is great for using a collar or leash and has breathable mesh lining keeping your dog comfortable and dry when raining.
The back of this dog features reflective piping, which makes it easy to see your dog at night. This dog coat also features a hood over the head for complete protection.
The feature that differentiates this coat from others is the small pocket for storing things.
|Product Name||Waterproof Dog Coat|
|Item Weight||11.2 ounces|
|Size||Available in 3 sizes|
|Special Features||Shower Resistant|
|Product Dimensions||12.2 x 10 x 3.2 inches|
5. BSEEN Dog Coats with underbelly protection
- 100% HIGH QUALITY - Our dog raincoat is made of waterproof Nylon Fabric + Fleece Lined material, which is...
- Harness Hole & Safe Reflective Strip Design - Collar Slot for collar/leash users. Back reflective strips help...
- ADJUSTABLE VELCRO TAPES DESIGN - Neck and chest strip design makes the raincoat easy to put on and take off....
- Easy to Clean and Machine-washable - Just wipe the raincoat surface with a wet cloth and it will be clean...
- 6 JACKET SIZES FOR YOUR PETS - Please Measure your pet size as description to get the a suitable size coat for...
The BSEEN dog coat offers 100% protection against water. This dog coat helps keeps your pooch warm and dry with material that is comfortable and breathable for the dog.
This design also boasts a reflective backplate, which can help in locating the dog at night. This design also comes with access holes for harness or leash.
Along with all these design points, it’s also easily cleanable by the washing machine, and it is also easy to maintain.
|Product Name||BSEEN Dog Coat|
|Item Weight||76 g|
|Size||Available in 3 sizes|
|Special Features||Design specially for collars with leash|
|Product Dimensions||23.5 x 12.6 x 4.1 cm|
6. DJANGO City Slicker Water-Repellent Dog Raincoat
- ALL-WEATHER: Designed for all seasons, this lightweight, water-repellent and windproof dog jacket is equally...
- WATER-REPELLENT & REFLECTIVE: The nylon outer shell repels rain, snow, mud and dirt and provides full...
- ATHLETIC DESIGN WITH LEASH PORTAL: Use the structured leash portal to incorporate your favorite dog's harness...
- DESIGNED FOR ADVENTURE DOGS: Love adventuring with your pup? The City Slicker Rain Jacket is designed for the...
- SIZING & FIT: Size SMALL fits dogs with Chest Girth 12 to 17 inches; back length (neck to base of tail)...
The Django jacket is designed for small dogs only that is 100% waterproof, lightweight, and is equally effective in a summer rain shower or winter snowstorm.
The interior layer is 100% sport mesh cotton, an extremely soft, strong, and durable fabric that offers extra comfort and flexibility.
Designed with a leash portal to incorporate your favorite dog’s harness and leash attachment. This dog coat can withstand water, sand, mud, and is machine washable.
|Product Name||DJANGO City Slicker Dog Coat|
|Item Weight||109 g|
|Color||Available in 3 colors|
|Special Features||Leash attachment|
|Product Dimensions||20.32 x 15.24 x 2.54 cm|
7. Kurgo Dog Jacket With Underbelly Protection
- REVERSIBLE, REFLECTIVE, & ADJUSTABLE: Stylish reversible dog vest is perfect to keep your dog cozy during...
- WATER RESISTANT & LIGHTWEIGHT: Loft dog jacket is just the right amount of coverage to keep your active dog...
- WEAR WITH HARNESS: Reversible coat has leash access zipper opening on back & allows complete access to dog’s...
- SIZE & FIT: Size small fits dogs with neck 15 inches, chest 19-27 inches, and back 13.25 inches; please...
The cold winter dog coat is great if you’re on a budget. It’s very affordable and available in six colors. This jacket is made from polyester and cotton, which has a soft inner layer making it comfortable for your pooch.
This coat fully protects your dog with its Underbelly Protection that can keep them warm in very cold conditions and is suitable for all size dogs.
|Product Name||Kurgo Dog Jacket|
|Item Weight||4.8 Ounces|
|Size||Available 5 in sizes|
|Color||Available in 12 colors|
|Special Features||Reflecting brim|
|Product Dimensions||20 x 25 x 0.25 inches|
8. Dog Vest Winter Coat With Underbelly Protection
- ✅ Dog Vest Size & Fit——Please measure your dog around widest part of the chest and lower neck, then...
- ✅ Reflective & Adjustable Dog Winter Jacket——Out Layer Premium Waterproof Fabric,reflective stitching...
- ✅ Dog Coat Material——Dog coat lining is polar fleece, soft and skin-friendly, and the inner layer is...
- ✅ Water Resistant & Lightweight——dog jacket is Water resistant,with a waterproof zipper, length zipper...
- ✅ Wear easily——Use the buckle to fasten it quickly, the buckle invisible design and the design of the...
This waterproof dog winter coat is perfect for the autumn and winter hikes that will keep your dog warm throughout their walks. It’s made from creative exquisite stitching, with easy velcro closure making it effortless to take off and put on.
The warm fleece lining is soft, comfortable, and is able to maintain the dog’s temperature. This dog winter vest is available in a wide range of sizes and is machine washable.
|Product Name||Winter Dog Coat|
|Item Weight||220 g|
|Size||Available in 3 sizes|
|Special Features||Easy velcro closure|
|Product Dimensions||33.29 x 23.9 x 8.5 cm|
Things To Consider Before You Buy
There are some things to consider before buying a waterproof coat for your dog. The decision to select a particular jacket comes with a lot of doubt as multiple dog coats are available from various manufacturers.
The coat’s size varies depending upon the manufacturer, which further creates difficulty in choosing the right fit. Then there is also a matter if your companion friend is small or large for his age and so the right fit is the most crucial thing to look for.
Aside from the size, the coats also come with additional features which make them exceptional and comfortable for your pet and you. Here are the most crucial elements to keep a lookout for when choosing a dog coat.
Before choosing the right fit for your dog, you should also keep in mind that the coat must have a perfect design and should provide protection all around, and should include the underbelly while keeping your pooch comfortable.
Some of the coats provide excellent protection, but they also hinder your furry friend’s movement and make them uncomfortable. The dog will also let you know about being uncomfortable in the coat.
Some of the waterproof coats have solved the issue by having an adjustable strap, and by merely tweaking it, you can have a perfect for your dog.
Some of the other features that you would be looking for in your waterproof dog coats with underbelly protection are:
Chest protection plays two vital roles; one is preventing water from seeping in the jacket and making your buddy wet, and the other is to avoid the cold breeze from going to your pet as the cold breeze after your dog being wet can be severe for his health.
This area should not be overlooked; even when it is not raining, the undercarriage of your furry friend can get quickly drenched as the water on the road splashes and makes the underbelly wet.
This feature is not a crucial thing to look for, but it can be important for small dogs to protect the legs that can save a lot of your time when you want to dry or wash your dog after a long walk.
However, you should keep in mind that most of the coats do not offer leg protection.
It’s very important to measure your dog head to toe before purchasing a dog coat because the last thing you want to a dog coat that doesn’t fit correctly. Here’s a video below that will show to step by step how to do this!
(How To Measure And Fit A Dog Coat With Underbelly Protection)
A waterproof dog coat with underbelly protection is only as good as the materials used in making it, and so high-quality materials are a must when you want to keep your dog dry and warm.
Some of the best materials available in dog coats are nylon and polyester. Although the nylon or polyester makes us sweat, which is not a problem in the dogs as they do not sweat.
Some of these materials’ alternatives are tinsulate, Goretex, and other fabrics made up of the PTFE membrane.
Keep in mind that manufacturers make many claims, but what you want to look for is a waterproof tag and not any other tag like water-resistant or splash-proof as these types of materials do not provide full protection against prolonged contact with water and makes your dog wet.
After the materials, other things come into play like a filling, lining, stitching, and harness points of waterproof dog coats with underbelly protection.
Most of the waterproof dog coats come with less stuffing, which makes the coat useful in most situations and environments.
However, if you live somewhere with cold weather, you will have to consider a dog coat with more padding making it better for snowy places.
But you might want to keep the stuffing to a reasonable amount as dogs can handle the cold weather a lot better than humans.
Dogs are known to be energetic and mischievous and running through the bushes, puddles, and sand are some of your dog’s favorite activities, which causes wear and tear to the waterproof coat.
There are multiple stitching available in the dog coats, but the one that stands the test of time is double-stitching.
The double-stitching is typical for the US and UK products, but people tend to save money by buying the single-stitched coat from China, which causes them more money in the long run.
The waterproof coat comes in a lot of lining, but one of the best ones to be used is fleece as it can soak water quickly, and so if any water gets inside the coat or on the fur of your adorable animal, the wool can act as a towel.
There are unique fleece towels available for these purposes, and so fleece lining would work best.
The hole for harness
If you own a dog that likes to pull or is mischievous, this is one thing to look for when buying a waterproof coat for your dog. You need to check the harness holes in the jacket to be in control when you are on an outing with your dog.
There are multiple dog coats available by multiple manufacturers, which can cause a lot of confusion for someone who is still searching for the right dog coat that’s comfortable for his furry friend and something that can last a long time.
We have experimented thoroughly and have written down everything best to our knowledge about the waterproof dog coats with underbelly protection.
With the help of this guide, you should be able to decide on everything from the materials to filling, down to the lining of the coat.
We believe that whether you live in a warm place or a cold place, underbelly protection is a must as the stomach gets seeped in water the most.